A planned gift is an important decision and we at Global Assist want to make sure the decision is right for you and your family. Here are some points to consider:
- Pray about it — we want you to know you are doing God’s will in choosing Global Assist as a recipient of your gift.
- Discuss your decision with family; bring them on board with your wishes and your decision.
- Contact your lawyer and/or financial advisor. They are professionals working for you and will guide your decision to make a gift and help in drafting your Will. They can also assist you with other planned giving options.
- Feel free to contact Global Assist if you have any questions about making this gift. We will be happy to talk to you at any time. If you want your gift to go to a specific project, we can provide you with the correct wording prior to drafting your Will to make sure your wishes are carried out.
- Choose an executor(s) that you feel comfortable with and trust to carry out your wishes. Discuss your decisions with them. This gives them an opportunity to understand what you want and why these gifts are important to you.
- Gather all important documents together, store them safely and let your executor(s) and/or those with power of attorney know where they are.
- Above all, feel at peace with the decision you have made. You worked long and hard to acquire the assets that you have. You need to know you have made the right decisions in their distribution. Let the Holy Spirit guide you and give you the wisdom you need.
Thank you for your interest in Global Assist and in exploring some planned giving options. If you have any further questions or you would like to request your free will planning kit, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 57393
Lincoln, NE 68505
This publication is designed to provide information about estate planning and will preparation. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought.